1. Find out your BFE (Base Flood Elevation) http://www.region2coastal.com/sandy/table
This will tell you if you’re an AE or V zone and what height you need to start with.
2. Do Soil Boring – this is important to see if you can keep your current foundation or footing or need new. i.e. sandy soil vs. clay
3. Hire an architectural engineer to draw the plans up for masonry or pilings
4. Get permits: Building, Demo
5. Remove steps/stairs/porches
6. Schedule Disconnects: Water, Sewer, Electric, Gas, Cable etc.
7. Actual Lift takes place
8. Install masonry or pilings
9. Back fill and Grade property so any new water runs away from foundation
10. Lower house on new foundation
11. Reconnect all utilities
12. Put up new stairs/decks/porches