Governor Christie announced Today an extension of the RREM & Resettlement Program to August 1, 2013.
- On line at egrants.renewjerseystronger.org; if you need help while filling out the online application you can get assistance from our call center 1-855-SANDYHM (726-3946).
- By phone: If you would prefer you can call our Call Center 1-855-SANDYHM (726-3946) and a representative will fill in an online application for you.
- In Person: Sandy Housing Assistance Centers are open in each of the nine (9) most impacted Counties [Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex. Monmouth, Ocean, Union]. You can go to the Center to submit an application or get information about the program.
To be eligible to receive RREM assistance applicants must meet the following eligibility factors:
- The damaged residence must be located in one of nine (9) most impacted Counties [Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex. Monmouth, Ocean, Union].
- At the time of the storm (October 29, 2012), the damaged residence must have been owned and occupied by the applicant as the applicant’s primary residence.
- The applicant must have registered for FEMA assistance.
- The residence must have sustained damage as a result of Superstorm Sandy with a FEMA Full Verified Loss (FVL) of at least $8,000 or had more than one foot of water on the first floor.
- Homeowner must have a household adjusted gross annual income of less than $250,000.
Yes: Single family homes and owner-occupied units in multi-unit buildings.
Yes: Owners of condominium and cooperative properties.
No: Second and vacation homes, recreational vehicles (RV) and trailers.