At the December 20th town meeting, it was announced that around the 1st of the year the building next to the chubby pickle was going to be turned into the Highlands Solution Center. (I’m not the only one who heard this).. Click Here for Help for Highlands Meeting Notes
So why is it NOBODY else has heard of this and seems to know anything about it?
It seems like a “we’d like to have, or a it would be a good idea to have” instead of “we’re gonna have.”
The last thing Highlands needs right now is “FALSE HOPE”, Don’t tell us there is going to be a place to get answers if you can’t pull it off.
A few other ideas:
1) Waive permit fees & make it easier to obtain.. (Sea Bright did)
2) Put the address of the construction office ON THE Construction Office web page.. At a minimum put new building next to Chubby Pickle 1st floor.
3) Be on the SAME PAGE – it shouldn’t matter if I go to a town hall meeting, go to borough office, show up at the construction offices, or look on your web site, I should get the same answers, and not a lot of “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
4) Consolidate the non-profits, what are there now like 6 of them. (I kinda stopped counting) which one do I go to for what? Does one handle just volunteers, one handle rental assistance, one handle just businesses? – Is anybody else confused on them or it just me? One thing is consistent – They ALL have DONATE Here buttons.
5) Put a Calendar of the town meetings on the HighlandsNJ web site, we should have them scheduled for the next 3 months (if we are truly going to have them), use the reverse911 (which only works part of the time anyway) AND post up around town, also, why not start a Highlands Borough Facebook page with announcements – Its FREE, and having another way to disseminate information is a GOOD thing.
Ok, my daily rant is over..